MELE Associates, Inc. Celebrates National Veterans Small Business Week
MELE joins the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) in celebrating service members, veterans, National Guard and Reserve members, and military spouses during National Veterans Small Business Week (NVSBW). And MELE also expresses its appreciation for the SBA and all it does to empower and launch veteran-owned small businesses just like it did for MELE close to 30 years ago. Thank you!
As a veteran-owned, minority-owned, small business, MELE is not only led by a veteran, but helps employ veterans too. In fact, Veterans currently represent 23% of MELE’s workforce, and that number continues to rise.
#proudvosb #veteranshelpingveterans #veteransjobs #veteranjobopportunities #veteranowned #meleassociates
About National Veterans Small Business Week
Each year the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) celebrates, connects, and empowers service members, veterans, National Guard and Reserve members, and military spouses during National Veterans Small Business Week (NVSBW). This year marks the seventh annual NVSBW.
This year’s theme is #VetBiz Resources in Your Local Community which highlights the breadth of free to low-cost entrepreneurial resources that veteran and military entrepreneurs can access right in their neighborhood – from seeking business counseling services from a local SCORE chapter, to visiting the Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) in their area for help formulating a business plan.
Join SBA district offices, resource partners, and other organizations as we celebrate the veteran- and military-owned small business community.
Run of Show
Each day during NVSBW, we will highlight different topics related to the veteran entrepreneurship journey. We will also host various national-level events to align with each topic area. You can find a full list of events taking place across the country here.
Monday, November 2:
- Topic: Transition Assistance
- Event: “Transitioning from Service to Startup” Facebook video with SBA experts. The video will be published on the Boots to Business Facebook page at 1 p.m. ET.
Tuesday, November 3:
- Topic: Entrepreneurial Training
- Event: “Resources for Entrepreneurship Training” Twitter chat with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) at 1 p.m. ET. Join the conversation on the IVMF Twitter Page and use #IVMFTwitterChat in all responses.
Wednesday, November 4:
- Topic: Government Contracting
- Event: “Arming Vets to WIN in the Federal Market” webinar with the Veteran Institute for Procurement at 1 p.m. ET. Register here.
Thursday, November 5:
- Topic: Disaster Assistance
- Event: “Leveraging Your Network and Resources” webinar with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at 1 p.m. ET. Register here .
Friday, November 6:
- Topic: Access to Capital
- Event: “Financial Strategies for Women Veteran Entrepreneurs” webinar with LiftFund at 1 p.m. ET. Register here.