Goal: Develop, produce, field and sustain everything that the soldier wears, carries and operates.
MELE advisors served the business management office:
- Liaison with HQDA on acquisition and funding strategies for all Soldier Programs.
- Develop & Coordinate POM Build portion of the PEO Soldier strategic plan.
- Monitor requirements and capabilities reviews for Soldier Programs at the Army and Joint Staff level.
- Assess actions for funding of Soldier Programs.
- Analytical support for Rapid Fielding Initiative, Soldier Enhancement Program and Soldier Modernization Senior Leader Panel.
Overview: Based at Ft. Belvoir, VA, PEO Soldier’s mission is to develop, produce, field and sustain everything that the soldier wears-carries-operates. PEO Soldier is to be the center of excellence for transforming soldier capabilities to dominate the battlefield across the full spectrum of war. PEO Soldier is focused exclusively on the soldier, today, throughout the Army’s transformation to the Objective Force, and beyond. PEO Soldier provides overall direction and guidance for the Acquisition Category (ACAT) I, II and III. These systems fall under the purview of 3 project and 6 product managers.
MELE Associates provided advice, analysis and planning to PEO Soldier through an Advisor to PEO Soldier’s business management office. Services include:
- Liaison with HQDA – Coordinate with the Department of the Army Systems Coordinators (DASCs) on acquisition and funding strategies for all Soldier Programs. Coordinate with POM planners and team leaders in G8 (Programs) to ensure appropriate resources are programmed for all Soldier Systems.
- Planning – Develop and oversee execution of the POM Build portion of the PEO Soldier Strategic Plan. Monitor and track requirements and capabilities reviews for Soldier Programs at the Army and Joint Staff level.
- Budget Analysis – Develop and assess courses of action for proper funding of Soldier Programs. Prepare information papers and analytical documents to explain funding strategies for all Soldier Programs. Assist the Business Management Division in monitoring current year cash flow, obligations and disbursements.
- Analytical Support – analysis for special PEO Soldier activities, such as the Rapid Fielding Initiative (RFI); the Soldier Enhancement Program (SEP); and the Soldier Modernization Senior Leader Panel (SMSLP).