Goal: Upgrade and modernize the tactical air defense satellite systems communications for the Pacific Air Operations Center (PAOC) at Hawaii's Hickam Air Force Base (AFB).
MELE designed, installed, and developed a world class technical control facility to support Space and Air Telecommunications throughout the Pacific. For example, one system integrated a/v systems located on different floors to allow users on the main floor ability to view any a/v input during exercises or real world crises. The MELE Team also upgraded several cable management systems throughout Hickam AFB PAOC center to facilitate growth of new systems and future upgrades.
Overview: MELE Associates began work in 2004 at Hickam Air Force Base on the PAOC Communication Facility Project. The goal was to upgrade and modernize the tactical air defense satellite systems for the PAOC. MELE was on site designing, installing and developing a world class technical control facility to support Space and air Telecommunication throughout the Pacific.
The control facility design at Hickam Air Force Base PAOC involved the selection, installation and integration of a comprehensive audio/visual (a/v) system with state-of-the-art flat screens, a/v switches, and a/v over fiber and wireless technologies. The newly installed a/v system integrated existing a/v systems located on different floors to allow users on the main floor ability to view any a/v input during exercises or real world crisis. In addition, MELE upgraded several cable management systems throughout Hickam Air Force Base PAOC center to facilitate the growth of the new a/v system and future network upgrades.
MELE Associates also provided assistance in the installation of telecommunication services for Head Quarters Pacific Air Forces (HQPACAF) at Hickam AFB. MELE installed several 600pr telephone cables through HQPACAF F-Wing to enable users throughout F-Wing to upgrade legacy system to HQPACAF new PBX system. All audio/visual work performed on this project by the MELE Team was delivered on time and under budget.
The MELE Team:
- Provided cleared people for security level as soon as needed
- Supplied qualified employees with certifications
- Provided on-time weekly reports
- Arranged shipping of supplies and materials to Hawaii without any delays in work schedules
- Completed project within budget; additional tasks were funded separately
- Successfully coordinated the installation with the users on-site to have minimal disruption
- Met with POC prior to beginning a task to avoid issues during task – e.g. PBX system and height of ceiling
- Coordinated deliveries to Hawaii with minimal delays