Melvin Chiogioji: President & CEO
As President & CEO of MELE Associates, Dr. Chiogioji (RADM USN ret) has built an organization from 3 people in 1993 to a staff of more than 180 technical, engineering, and administrative professionals. Dr. Chiogioji has more than 40 years of senior management experience in the engineering and research fields. Among his areas of specialization are nuclear and fossil-fueled power; energy efficiency, economics and financing; international energy programs; industrial waste utilization and minimization; and construction management.
Mel served as Chairman of the National Japanese American Memorial Foundation for seven years while they raised $14 million to build a memorial to the patriotism of Japanese Americans in World War II. In 2001, Mel presided over the dedication of the Memorial, a beautiful park marked by the bronze figure of two cranes entangled in barbed wire. It sits next to the U.S. Senate in Washington D.C. and is the only memorial honoring a minority population in the nation’s capitol.
Some of Mel’s highlights include:
- 20+ years of Experience with the Dept. of Energy
- Director for the Department of Energy’s Office of Industrial Waste Management
- Deputy Director for the Department of Energy’s New Production Reactor Program
- 32 Years with the U.S. Navy - Retired Admiral
- Author of two books:
- Industrial Energy Conservation
- Residential and Commercial Building Energy Conservation
Alan Chiogioji has 25 years experience in finance and management. As Chief Financial Officer, Alan is responsible for the business plan and financial strategy for the company and directs a professional staff that supports MELE Associates, Inc. As liaison to financial institutions, Alan manages all financial transactions and client contracts. He is directly responsible for financial planning and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, accounting systems, acquisitions, asset management, marketing, audit and human resources. He holds a B.A. from Duke University and an MBA from the University of Maryland.
Some of Mr. Chiogioji’s highlights include:
- Chief Financial Officer of MELE Associates, Inc.
- 25+ Years of Management Experience
- BA – Duke University, MBA – University of Maryland
Secretary Norman Y. Mineta
For almost thirty years, Secretary Mineta represented San Jose, California first on the City Council, then as Mayor, and then from 1975 to 1995 as a Member of Congress. He was appointed in 2000 by President Bill Clinton as the United States Secretary of Commerce and then in 2001 he was appointed Secretary of Transportation by President George W. Bush. Secretary Norman Y. Mineta is well known for his work in the areas of transportation – including aviation, surface transportation, and infrastructure – and national security. He is recognized for his accomplishments in economic development, science and technology policy, foreign and domestic trade, budgetary issues and civil rights.
Globally recognized for his leadership, Secretary Mineta has been awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom – our nation’s highest civilian honor – and the Wright Brothers Memorial Trophy, which is awarded for significant public service of enduring value to aviation in the United States. He is also the recipient of the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun from the Government of Japan. He is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley.
Some of Secretary Mineta’s highlights include:
- Former Councilman and 59th Mayor of San Jose
- 20 Years as Congressman for Santa Clara County (15th Congressional District)
- Former Secretary of the U.S. Dept of Commerce & Former Secretary of the U.S. Dept of Transportation
Mr. Okinaga specializes in financial services, corporate, real estate, and trust law. As a graduate of Georgetown University’s Law Center, Mr. Okinaga provides more than 35 years experience in corporate organizations and laws. Mr. Okinaga was selected by his attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2011for Banking and Finance Law, for Financial Services Regulation Law, and for Litigation – Banking U& Finance, listed since 2005. Mr. Okinaga is also a Justice Awardee from the American Judicature Society
Some of Mr. Okinaga’s highlights include:
- Law Firm Partner specializing in financial services, corporate, real estate, and trust law
- Graduate of Georgetown University’s Law Center and John Carroll Award Honoree
- American Judiciary Society – Justice Awardee